RETURNS WITH SHIPPING INSURANCE
Typically the carriers will allow up to 60 days after the expected delivery date to file a claim.
There are different process in place depending on which carrier is used.
We will not issue any refunds or store credit until the processes are completed.
ROUTE PACKAGE PROTECTION
If you added Route Protect at checkout, please file a claim with the Route team here for quick assistance with “in-transit” related issues.
They typically take up to 5 days to resolve any issues.
UPS allows up to 60 days from the expected delivery date to file a claim. All UPS shipping services have insurance for up to $100. They have a process that we must follow. The entire process can take 8 to 30 business days to complete.
Once you notify us of the issue. We will need photos of the damaged item and an email and phone number to provide to the support team to contact you.
We will submit this information to Shopify Support the same day that you notify us of the issue. They will provide us with a Ticket# that we will provide to you.
On average it takes them 3 to 5 days to provide us with an update once we have the ticket number.
They may request that you hold on to the product in its packaging until they are able to complete an inspection. Please know that UPS will make 3 consecutive attempts to retrieve the package. If they cannot contact you they will try again on the following days.
Here are is a list of the types of photos UPS requires for damage inspections:
- A photo of the packaging material used inside box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
- A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number which usually begins with 1Z)
- A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available. The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box. The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
- Two photos displaying all 6 sides of the package (1 photo should display the top and 2 sides, the 2nd photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides).
- Dimensions of the box including the package height, length, and width provided in the body of the email.
Once they have completed the inspection, UPS will let us know about any further action that may be required or the result of the investigation. They may request additional paperwork by mail from us. We will keep an eye out for that, fill it out and send it back to them.
UPS usually takes about 8-10 business days to complete a claim.
Once a claim is complete you will receive a refund within 10 business days via Shopify.
The whole process can take about 20 calendar days from the time we are notified of the issue.
USPS offers insurance on Priority Mail for up to $100. USPS allows claims to be filed 15 days after an item shipped, but no more than 60 days from the shipping date.
You may file a claim yourself or we can do it for you by going: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm#
If you fill it out yourself, they will mail you a check once the claim process is completed.
If you would rather we do it for you, they will send us a check and we will use that to issue you a refund.